Sunday, September 9, 2012

Current state of Grand Fantasia

Man, I've totally more or less abandoned this blog. Maybe I'll start posting on it more, with non economics related things(because seriously I'm kind of stopped caring, everything is deflating with the exception of a few  niche items that demand surged for - and even those aren't very high).

Anyway, recent there's been a specific patch. The biggest concern that players seem to have is, obviously, involving +18. I personally think it's absolutely stupid to bitch about, since it ultimately is a "virtual" increase in content for the end game players, which is what everyone and their mother bitched about not existing before. And yes, I realize I'm being slightly hypocritical on this statement - I fought against +15 existing quite hard, but my views have changed a decent bit since then as well as realize that there'd be no hope in fighting for the removal of +18 anyway.
I also find it absolutely hilarious that everyone vocal enough to shout "I QUIT!" will inevitably return anyway. Well, 95% of them at least. As for why, if someone is attached enough to a free MMO to regularly use its forum and complain about things, they're not going to just quit and never return. It just doesn't work that way. The only people who are really quitting are the ones who don't say a word about it, they don't care enough to say "I'm out" or complain otherwise - which clearly means they aren't attached much to the game itself.

Now, if I had my way, I do admit it would have been done differently. S Scrolls would have a req equipment level of 80+ and... Actually that pretty much solves everything. With that in place I would actually be 100% ok with fortification items for them flooding the game. Not only does it entirely niche the audience size, it also prevents the degradation of lower brackets. The only real drawback is that it would be that GVG weapons wouldn't be able to be fortified +18, but there wouldn't be a real feasible way to fix it. Requiring a player level to use S scrolls wouldn't work; you'd have to autobind the equipment to prevent the resale, but even that doesn't work due to the archive - they can just +18 a piece of equipment, archive it over to another character on the account and then proceed to curbstomp a lower bracket. But hey, that's just my take on it.

As for everything else, the update actually did some tremendous things to help the players "just starting." Crafting rates on gear 66 and below was increased dramatically. Like, brute forcing 60 yellows isn't that unfeasible anymore dramatically. It also added a quick teleport system as well as removed death penalties from all maps below level 36~ish(I think black swamp is the highest levelled map it was removed from).

Ultimately, this was a pretty great patch. It has some things that need ironed out in the form of bugs, but that's to be expected.

As far as the future of the game goes, I'm supposedly working on events, or something. I also hear that there's going to be some neat changes coming down the line that I can't really mention, but I'm sure everyone will get to find out about that soon enough.
Oh, right, also there's some arena things that might be happening, but hey, you didn't hear that from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment